Taleweaving

Writing the threads of my reality

The motivation for Writing

I guess everyone has found themselves in work at some point, staring at their computer screen or across the counter at the next customer, and thought, "Damn... I'd rather be writing..."

That, today, is my motivation. My boss has inadvertantly demotivated me completely in the space of a single phone call from actually wanting to do my job, which I normally enjoy a lot because it's creative. But right now, at this very minute... I'd rather be writing. And so here I am, blogging while I should be doing the thing I'm being paid for.

I justify it that I need a few minutes to do something else, something non-work related. Hopefully I'll get out of this funk and get back to it soon enough. I'd still rather be writing, but at least I'm not hating everything that isn't writing.

Let's go to Brenda to get a pick-me-up:

It is so conceited and timid to be ashamed of one's mistakes. Of course they are mistakes. Go on to the next.

Wise words indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment